One of my favorites from my blog "Patty's Having Fun!".
Originally published August 16, 2009
I went to Seattle several weeks ago and ..just today.. put my suitcase away. It's not like I have all this room and it just went unnoticed on the floor on the far side of the bed. --Yes, as a single person I do have some unused, or rarely used, floor space on the other side of the bed. It's like a black hole in my bedroom. Stuff that falls there can disappear for months on end because I never seem to get over there. And since it's rarely used I must confess it's, also, rarely vacuumed.-- No, this suitcase was on the floor, in front of my dresser, right in front of my closet door. I had to step over it to get in my closet and lean over it to open my drawers. Every day I thought, "I have to put this damn thing away tonight when I get home." Every.. single.. day.. for three weeks I had that exact same thought.
This would never happen to someone that is married. The most coveted
of all assistants, "a wife", would never let something like this happen. Wives are mystical in their efficiency. You don't even see them working. A wife at work appears as a moving glimmer of light - a refraction. I personally think it's the dishcloth. Once a wife picks up a dishcloth the rest of the world ceases to exist and she's in business mode until the job's done. Perhaps that cloth completes some type of electrical current. Who'll ever know?
of all assistants, "a wife", would never let something like this happen. Wives are mystical in their efficiency. You don't even see them working. A wife at work appears as a moving glimmer of light - a refraction. I personally think it's the dishcloth. Once a wife picks up a dishcloth the rest of the world ceases to exist and she's in business mode until the job's done. Perhaps that cloth completes some type of electrical current. Who'll ever know?
I just know I want one... a wife.. I already have a dishcloth.
.
Wives care about stains in the coffee cups and the way a house smells. They notice when someone they love is feeling out of sorts or just needs a little help. They are really good at putting stuff away and would never let a suitcase sit on the floor in a high traffic area for even an afternoon. They do these little mundane things at the same time they raise an entire family, hold down their own job and usually as a chauffeur are 100% on time. It's either the dishcloth, as I suspected before or the shoes. Maybe that's why women have so many shoes. Magic shoes that pull energy from Mother Earth. It's gotta be something.

No comments:
Post a Comment